World Famous Comics: Halo: Combat Evolved |
| Halo: Combat Evolved |
|By: Artist Not Provided|
Average Rating: see reviews
Binding: Video Game
ESRB Age Rating: Mature
Number of Discs: 1
Number of Items: 1
Publication Date: August 14, 2001
Release Date: June 15, 2006
- Master Chief can now wield two weapons at once, board Covenant vehicles and steal Covenant weapons like the incredible double energy sword
- Lead an all-new unit of super-soldiers, the ODST -- tougher, badder and deadlier versions of your old comrades
- New enemies, allies and surprises around every corner - intense combat action with enhanced AI and real-time lighting
- Immense single-player action with maassive landscapes and huge cities to explore and defend - destructible and interactive environments
- Take the action online with your Xbox Live and switch sides, to become a Covenant Elite!
More Similar Items...
The explosions will light up your living room. Halo is a sci-fi shooting match that lets you experience first-hand a mysterious alien ring-world. Loaded with combat, Halo will have you fighting on foot, in vehicles, inside and outdoors with Alien and Human weaponry. Your objective is to uncover Halo's horrible secrets and destroy mankind's sworn enemy, the Covenant. Fight the Covenant in dozens of missions as you discover the virulent secrets of Halo. Your many goals include attacking enemy outposts, raiding underground labs for advanced technology, rescuing fallen comrades, stealing alien vehicles and weaponry and sniping at enemy forces.
This action shooter takes place on a mysterious alien world. It offers a combination of team-based first-person-shooter gameplay (reminiscent of Tribes) and third-person vehicle combat elements. Gameplay kicks off with the player heading down to the planet's surface in a troop carrier, à la Aliens. As the player and fellow marines exit, the remaining troopers form a flank in reaction to an oncoming onslaught of human and alien enemies.
It's this smart AI system that makes for a noticeably unique gameplay feel. Another very nice feature is the seamless transition into vehicular elements. As you venture through mission objectives, a variety of enemy flyers and on-ground buggies are yours for the taking. Come across a vehicle and the camera will pull back to a third-person view as you strap in and motor through crossfire. A co-op mode allows a friend to join you in the single-player missions. For chaotic fighting action, up to four players can duel in split-screen deathmatch mode or link systems for LAN play. However you choose to hero your way through Halo: Combat Evolved, the action should break in your new Xbox in explosive style.
Related Categories:Similar Items
More Similar Items...