SquareTrade covers your device from all electrical and mechanical failures, including certain out of warranty failures that are not typically covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
What's covered?Out Of Warranty Failures (Non-accident)
You're covered for device failures that are not typically covered by the manufacturer's warranty: dust, overheating, humidity, and power surges (if your device is connected to a surge protector).Mechanical/Electrical Failures from Normal Use
Repairing your average mechanical or electrical failure can cost as much as buying a new device. We cover you beyond the manufacturer's warranty.
How long is it covered?
* Power surge is covered only if your device is connected to a surge protector.
|Year 1||Additional Years (if purchased a 2 or 3 year plan) |
|Out Of Warranty Failures (Dust, Heat, Humidity, Power Surge*)||Device Protection Plan|
|Device Protection Plan|
|Normal-use Failure||Manufacturer's Warranty||Device Protection Plan|
What else does a plan include?2-day Replacements
If your device breaks, file a claim and get it replaced in 2 days.Free Shipping
We'll ship you a replacement device and provide a prepaid shipping label for you to send us your broken device.Cancel or Transfer Anytime
Customers receive a full refund if they cancel in the first 90 days. Refunds are pro-rated after that. Transferring your protection plan is free and can be done online or over the phone.Electronic Delivery
We'll e-mail your protection plan to you within 24 hours of purchase. (Remember to check your spam folder if you don't see it.)
How does it work?Call 1-866-374-9939
from 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year.We'll ship you a replacement device
(same or newer model depending on availability). You'll also receive a pre-paid shipping label to send your damaged device back to us (must have a valid credit card on file in order to receive a replacement).Return your damaged device
within 30 days from reception (otherwise you will be charged the price of the replacement).
Things to know:
- Upon purchase, you'll receive an e-mail within 24 hours. This will be your official purchase confirmation.
- Please read the terms and conditions (see the link at the bottom of the page).
- Start Date: Plan begins on the date your device is delivered, or on the plan purchase date if you already have your device and are purchasing a plan within 90 days of device purchase, and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty period. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer at that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- For assistance, call 1-866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year. An agent is always happy to assist you.
The Protection Plan for Fire TV devices is only available on a Fire TV device that has been purchased within the last 90 days and is only available for customers who are residents of the United States.
Terms and Conditions (Full Service Agreement)
Still have questions?
Give us a call at 1-866-374-9939.