An in-depth analysis of the psychology behind the superhero Daredevil.
What kind of person actively enters dangerous situations and takes extreme risks to help others? Who suffers the worst after great losses and who grows stronger? How might vision interfere with how we comprehend sounds, smells, and other sensory cues? When are we more likely to become heroic and when will we commit unkind acts - in other words, when do we follow the devil on one shoulder or the angel on the other? And how about the hero who tries to balance both?
Daredevil Psychology: The Devil You Know dives into the psychology behind the complicated character who is attorney Matt Murdock by day and swings through the city as the superhero Daredevil by night. This collection explore different facets of his psychology, including:
- The risk-taking behavior that earns Daredevil his name.
- The process of "othering" in regard to differences and disability.
- Mental manipulation both ordinary and, in Killgrave's case, extraordinary.
- Morality of justice versus revenge, comparing and contrasting Daredevil with Elektra and the Punisher. Jessica Jones, too.
- Guilt and hope in Hell's Kitchen.
- Interview with Marvel's Daredevil executive producer Steven S. DeKnight.
- Interview with Typhoid Mary creator Ann Nocenti.
- And a fantastic foreword by superhero co-creator Stan "the Man" Lee!
Travis Adams * Colt J. Blunt * Jenna Busch * Erin Currie * Jim Davies * Larisa Garski * Christine Hanefalk * Jeffrey Henderson * Jeremy Johnson * Lisa Johnson * J. Scott Jordan * Jordan P. LaBouff * Rebecca M. Langley * Travis Langley * Stan Lee * Justine Mastin * Leandra Parris * Craig Pohlman * Janina Scarlet * William Sharp * Laura Vecchiolla * Eric D. Wesselmann * Mara Wood * Jennifer Yen